Wells Fargo Glide-Relaunch: Military Spouse Internship Program
The military spouse is an oft-overlooked piece of the military puzzle. Every day, thousands of spouses raise families and manage the homefront while their service members defend our great nation. Because of this, many spouses are “unemployed” for many years, which makes reentry into the workforce challenging.
Wells Fargo Glide-Relaunch Program
However, there are some companies who have noticed the plight of the military spouse and have taken steps to help. One such company is Wells Fargo.
The Glide-Relaunch Program is a paid internship-to-full-time program that assists spouses in returning to the workforce after taking a break of at least two years. Participants of this program are granted a significant string of benefits related to well being, financial security, retirement, and work-life balance.
This is an 8-week program that offers support, training, and the resources needed to launch a career with Wells Fargo.
Through structured training given by senior Wells Fargo employees, participants will network with peers and other employees, all while developing skills and knowledge related to financial products and services.
After the initial training, mentorship and development continue through on-the-job training covering the following areas:
- Teamwork – participants are exposed to various areas of operations that serve internal and external customers.
- Professional Support – paired with an experienced Wells Fargo employee, challenging situations will prompt feedback and coaching.
- Leadership – bank leadership offer insights into industry trends and business objectives.
- Networking– formal events will be offered periodically, sometime remotely, that will offer great opportunities to network.
There are many locations across the nation participating in the Glide program. Offers of internship are specific to locations, the candidate’s interests and experiences.
Upon program completion, the goal of the Glide program is to hire participants who have met the performance expectations into full-time roles with Wells Fargo.
RELATED: Military Spouse Scholarships
Qualified applicants must have:
- BS/BA degree or higher
- 7+ years of experience
- Endured a break from employment of over 2 years
If you are selected as a final candidate, there will be a mandatory final round hiring event on July 21-23, 2021. Additionally, you must be able to participate in the full internship from September 13 – November 5, 2021 to be considered for the program.
The application process for the 2021 Glide – Relaunch Program opens on June 9, 2021.
Submit your Intent to Apply to get the ball rolling.
If you are a military spouse and you’re looking to reenter the workforce, this may just be the opportunity that launches your next career. Don’t pass it up!
(Image courtesy of ARTYOORAN via Shutterstock)
- Remote Jobs Program For Military Spouses Is Back!
- 5 Military Spouse-Owned Businesses
- 3 Big Military Spouse Professional Advocacy Networks
- 5 Expert Tips for Military Spouses: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile