Virtual Job Fairs for Military and Veterans
Military, and Veteran Virtual Career Fair Calendar
Updated through Mar 2021
Virtual job fairs are a great way for military and veteran job seekers to land a job by connecting with local or national companies from the comfort of their own home. Companies are looking for a wide range of candidates from college graduates to executive-level professionals.
February Virtual Career Fairs for Veterans and Spouses
Pre-registration generally required, check career fair website for details.
Feb 23, 2021
- Eastern Region Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
Feb 24, 2021
- Virtual Polygraph-Only Hiring Event 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
- Diversity in Tech Event 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
Virtual Career Fairs in March for Veterans and Military Spouses
March 4, 2021
- Hire Heroes USA Virtual Career Fair 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm EST
- Louis Virtual Career Fair for Veterans at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm CST
- New York Virtual Career Fair for Veterans at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
- Military Spouse Virtual Career Fair at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
March 10, 2021
- Gaming Networking and Career Event at 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
March 11, 2021
- Houston Virtual Career Fair for Veterans at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm CST
- Virtual Hiring Fair: Careers in STEM at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
March 11th and 12th, 2021
March 16, 2021
- Western Region Virtual Career Fair at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm PST
March 17, 2021
- Washington State GROW & Hiring Fair at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm PST
March 18, 2021
- Washington DC / Baltimore Virtual Career Fair for Veterans at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
- Virtual Career Summit at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
March 23, 2021
- Transitioning Army & Army Spouse Virtual Career Fair at 10:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
March 25, 2021
- Boston Virtual Career Fair for Veterans at 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
- Virtual Career Fair: Careers in the Public Sector at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
March 31, 2021
- San Antonio Veterans Career Fair & Diversity Expo at 9:00 am – 1:00 pm MDT
The Value in Virtual Career Fairs
Virtual career fairs often consist of company presentations, descriptions of open positions, one-on-one time with hiring managers, and on the spot interviews.
Free Preparation Assistance
When organizations and agencies host virtual career fairs they want everyone to benefit, so they provide additional resources. Some of these free resources include resume writing and interview preparation before the virtual career fair begins. It is extremely beneficial to take advantage of these free resources so you are prepared for an immediate interview.
Know Which Organizations Will Be There
Most career fair registration pages also contain access to a list of what organizations will be in attendance. This is a helpful tool in deciding if this particular virtual career fair is right for you. Knowing which organizations will be attending the event gives you a chance to research the company and their open positions to prepare for a one-on-one interview.
Hear Directly from Hiring Managers
This is a great opportunity to hear from hiring managers about what skills and education they are looking for or would consider for certain positions. Being able to connect with hiring managers one-on-one will allow you to gain understanding of what they look for on resumes and cover letters.
Building connections with prospective employers could give you a leg up during the hiring process. Make sure to connect with hiring managers or company presenters through LinkedIn or by exchanging E-mails so you can maintain those connections and grow your network.
Organizations are Eager to Hire
Organizations attending career fairs have open positions they are looking to fill or are collecting applications for positions opening soon. The benefit of attending a virtual career fair is that you are not wasting your time applying for positions that may or may not have already been filled.
By preparing ahead of time for a virtual career fair you can increase your chances of getting hired by taking advantage of resume writing tips and interview preparation. Give yourself a competitive advantage by researching what organizations will be there and focus on building connections.
- What You Need To Know When You Go To A Job Fair
- Jobs With The Best Career Opportunities
- Best Jobs For Veterans Without Degrees
- How to Find a Job as a Veteran
- 4 Reasons to Join the Military Spouse Network
- Tips For Finding Remote Work
- Hiring Our Heroes: An Overview
- Why Veterans Who Go to College Before the Workforce Make More Money