Virtual Job Fairs for Military and Veterans
Military, and Veteran Virtual Career Fair Calendar
Updated through Dec 2020
Virtual job fairs are a great way for military and veteran job seekers to land a job by connecting with local or national companies from the comfort of their own home. Companies are looking for a wide range of candidates from college graduates to executive-level professionals.
Listing of Virtual Career Fairs
Pre-registration generally required, check career fair website for details.
November Virtual Job Fairs
November 16, 2020
- Veterans Virtual Hiring Event -Birmingham (Including spouses) 11:00 am-2:00 pm CDT
November 17, 2020
- Veterans Virtual Hiring Event – Phoenix (Including spouses) 11:00 am – 2:00 pm MST
November 19, 2020
- Corporate Gray Virtual Military-Friendly Job Fair 11:00 am – 2:00 pm ET
- Dallas Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 11:00 am – 3:00 pm CT
- Jacksonville Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 11:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
November 24, 2020
- National Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET
December Virtual Job Fairs for Veterans and Military Spouses
December 1, 2020
- MyComputerCareer Virtual Education Expo 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
December 3, 2020
- Orlando Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
- Seattle Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 11:00 am – 3:00 pm PST
- Virtual Top Secret+ Hiring Event 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
December 9, 2020
- Transitioning Army & Spouse Global Virtual Career Fair 10:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
December 10, 2020
- Houston Virtual Career Fair for Veterans 11:00 am – 3:00 pm CT
- MOAA’s Virtual Career Fair 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
December 15, 2020
- Eastern Region Virtual Career Fair 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
The Value in Virtual Career Fairs
Virtual career fairs often consist of company presentations, descriptions of open positions, one-on-one time with hiring managers, and on the spot interviews.
Free Preparation Assistance
When organizations and agencies host virtual career fairs they want everyone to benefit, so they provide additional resources. Some of these free resources include resume writing and interview preparation before the virtual career fair begins. It is extremely beneficial to take advantage of these free resources so you are prepared for an immediate interview.
Know Which Organizations Will Be There
Most career fair registration pages also contain access to a list of what organizations will be in attendance. This is a helpful tool in deciding if this particular virtual career fair is right for you. Knowing which organizations will be attending the event gives you a chance to research the company and their open positions to prepare for a one-on-one interview.
Hear Directly from Hiring Managers
This is a great opportunity to hear from hiring managers about what skills and education they are looking for or would consider for certain positions. Being able to connect with hiring managers one-on-one will allow you to gain understanding of what they look for on resumes and cover letters.
Building connections with prospective employers could give you a leg up during the hiring process. Make sure to connect with hiring managers or company presenters through LinkedIn or by exchanging E-mails so you can maintain those connections and grow your network.
Organizations are Eager to Hire
Organizations attending career fairs have open positions they are looking to fill or are collecting applications for positions opening soon. The benefit of attending a virtual career fair is that you are not wasting your time applying for positions that may or may not have already been filled.
By preparing ahead of time for a virtual career fair you can increase your chances of getting hired by taking advantage of resume writing tips and interview preparation. Give yourself a competitive advantage by researching what organizations will be there and focus on building connections.
If you’re interested in being connected with companies looking to hire vets, please sign up for our Veteran Job Opportunity Matcher to be connected with companies looking to help veterans get hired.
- What You Need To Know When You Go To A Job Fair
- Jobs With The Best Career Opportunities
- Best Jobs For Veterans Without Degrees
- How to Find a Job as a Veteran
- 4 Reasons to Join the Military Spouse Network
- Tips For Finding Remote Work
- Hiring Our Heroes: An Overview
- Why Veterans Who Go to College Before the Workforce Make More Money