Virtual Job Fairs for Military & Veterans 2021 [updated]
2021 Military and Veteran Career Fair Calendar
Updated through July 2021
Virtual job fairs are a great way for military and veteran job seekers to land a job. They help by connecting you with local or national companies from the comfort of your own home. Companies are looking for a wide range of candidates from college graduates to executive-level professionals. We’ve compiled a list of virtual career fairs for veterans and military so that you can find what you need, all in one place!
Virtual Career Fairs in June 2021 for Military and Veterans
June 22, 2021
- Transitioning Army & Spouse Virtual Career Fair – 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST, register here.
June 23, 2021
- Virtual Career Fair-west (Veteran Recruiting) – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, register here.
June 24, 2021
- Virtual Hiring Fair: Retail & Hospitality – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST, register here.
June 25, 2021
- Virtual Military-Friendly Job Fair (Nationwide) 11:00 am – 2:00 pm EST, register here.
Virtual Career Fairs in July 2021 for Military and Veterans
July 6, 2021
- National Virtual Career Fair – 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST, register here.
July 14, 2021
- Careers & the disABLED Virtual Career Fair – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm ET, register here.
July 15, 2021
- Virtual Hiring Fair: Careers in STEM – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET, register here.
July 20, 2021
- Nationwide Virtual Career Fair-Veterans & Military Spouses – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST, register here
- Eastern Region Virtual Career Fair for Veterans – 11:00 am – 3:00 pm EST, register here.
July 22, 2021
- Virtual Hiring Fair: Financial Services Industry – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET, register here.
- Cyber Security Virtual Hiring Event – 12:00 pm- 4:00 pm EDT, register here.
July 23, 2021
- WPSDC’s Virtual Military Officer Job Fair – 11:00 am-2:00 pm ET, register here.
July 27, 2021
- New York City Area Virtual Diversity Job Fair – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT, register here.
- Minneapolis Area Virtual Diversity Job Fair – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT, register here.
July 29, 2021
- Columbus Area Virtual Diversity Job Fair – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT, register here.
- Virtual Hiring Fair: Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET, register here.
July 30, 2021
- Jersey City Area Virtual Diversity Job Fair – 10:00 am- 12:00 pm EDT, register here.
The Value in Military and Veteran Virtual Job Fairs
Virtual career fairs often consist of:
- Company presentations
- Descriptions of open positions
- One-on-one time with hiring managers
- On the spot interviews
Free Preparation Assistance
When organizations and agencies host virtual career fairs they want everyone to benefit, so they provide additional resources. Some of these free resources include resume writing and interview preparation before the virtual career fair begins. It is extremely beneficial to take advantage of these free resources so you are prepared for an immediate interview.
Know Which Organizations Will Be There
Most career fair registration pages also contain access to a list of what organizations will be in attendance. This is a helpful tool in deciding if this particular virtual career fair is right for you. Knowing which organizations will be attending the event gives you a chance to research the company ahead of time. Then you will also want to research their open positions as well in the event of a one-on-one interview.
Hear Directly from Hiring Managers
This is a great opportunity to hear from hiring managers. You can find out shat skills and education they are looking for or would consider for certain positions. Being able to connect with hiring managers one-on-one will allow you to gain understanding of what they’re looking for. This may include what they’re looking for on resumes and cover letters.
Building connections with prospective employers could give you a leg up during the hiring process. Make sure to connect with hiring managers or company presenters through LinkedIn. You can also exchange E-mails in order to maintain those connections and grow your network.
Organizations are Eager to Hire Military and Veterans
Organizations attending career fairs have open positions they are looking to fill or are collecting applications for positions opening soon. There are many benefits to attending a virtual career fair. A major one is not wasting your time applying for positions that have already been filled. This can occur sometimes with job postings, if they’re not updated regularly.
By preparing ahead of time for a virtual career fair you can increase your chances of getting hired. Beforehand, make sure to take advantage of resume writing tips and interview preparation. Give yourself a competitive advantage by researching what organizations will be there and focus on building connections.
- Webinars for Job Hunting Veterans and Military Spouses
- Best Places For Veterans To Look For Jobs
- What You Need to Know When You Go to A Job Fair
- Jobs With The Best Career Opportunities
- Best Jobs For Veterans Without Degrees
- How to Find a Job as a Veteran
- 4 Reasons to Join the Military Spouse Network
- Tips For Finding Remote Work
- Hiring Our Heroes: An Overview
- Why Veterans Who Go to College Before the Workforce Make More Money