Military Discounts for Pets: Insurance, Travel, Vets and Food
Military Discounts for Pet Lovers
If you think a house is not a home without a pet to love, these military discounts are for you. Whether you have birds, cats, dogs, fish, horses, pocket friends or reptiles, there are military discounts you can use to show your pet some love. We have military discounts on pet food and supplies, pet insurance, boarding, travel and veterinary care.
Food and Supplies
- Bay State Pet and Garden Supply – 10% off in-store purchases on food, treats and supplies for birds, cats, dogs, fish, horses, pocket pets, and reptiles. The store is located in Taunton, Massachusetts.
- Dover Saddlery – 10% off online and in-store orders for horse loving active duty Service Members, Veterans and their family members. For in-store orders, simply show your military id when checking out. For online orders, enter your branch of service and ID number into the comment section before you finish checking out.
- Hale Pet Doors – 10% off online orders for pet doors perfectly sized for dogs and cats. The doors are made in the USA and have a 5 year warranty. Use code MIL10HALE when checking out.
- Pet Pros – 5% discount off every in-store item. This large Pacific Northwest chain has supplies for cats, dogs, birds, horses, fish, and pocket pets. Just show your military id card when checking out.
- Plush Paws Seat Covers – 15% off online orders for all seat covers, door cover protectors and cargo liners. The discount also applies to their canine health products. Click on the Military Discount link on the website for your discount code.
- Blue Barn Ranch – 5 to 10% off boarding for cats, dogs, horses, pocket pets, and reptiles in Yucca Valley, California. Blue Barn Ranch also hosts Equus Medendi, horse assisted psychotherapy program available free to Service Members and their families.
- Canyon Pet Lodge – 15% off boarding, Camp Bark day care, grooming and transportation for cats and dogs in Puyallup, Washington.
- Fayetteville Pet Resort – 10% off boarding and day care for cats and dogs. Deployment discounts are available for stays over 14 days in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Five Points Pet Resort – 10% off regular boarding and 20% off extended stays for cats and dogs in Raeford and Vass, North Carolina.
- Pet Palace – 10% off boarding and baths for cats and dogs in Webster, Texas.
- PetsHotel – 10% off overnight stays with complimentary meals for cats and dogs. Locations are nationwide in select PetSmart stores.
- Stepp Stables – Stepp Stables on Camp Pendleton in California offers military discounts for boarding, lessons, trail rides, and more.
Pet Insurance Military Discounts
- Embrace Pet Insurance – 5% online discount on insurance policies. Proof of military service is required after purchase. The discount is not available in Florida, New York or Tennessee.
- Geico Pet Insurance – 15% off premiums for cat and dog health insurance online.
- USAA Pet Insurance – 25% off pet insurance premiums for cats and dogs for USAA members through USAA’s affiliate pet insurance provider.
Travel, Airlines and Pet Shipping
- Alaska Airlines – $150 flat rate (plus tax) per pet to ship active duty Service Members’ pets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. The pets must be in good health and a health certificate may be required. Brachycephalic or “short-nosed” animals cannot be shipped.
- American Airlines – 50% off domestic pet shipping for active duty Service Members. Military ID must be presented at time of drop off
- Happy Tails Travel – variable online discounts on pet shipping rates for air and ground services for active duty Service Members, spouses and Veterans.
- Pet Air Carrier – up to $125 off international pet shipping rates for military members traveling internationally. Pet Air Carrier also offers a discount on customs clearance and forwarding to military members returning to the US.
Travel, Hotels and Lodging
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts – Service Members and Veterans pay at or below government per diem rates at properties in North America. Up to two domestic dogs in a room, each 80lbs or less, are allowed. Other pets require prior approval and depend on individual property policies.
- Choice Hotels – 15% off advance bookings for military Service Members and Veterans. Pet policies vary by property but can include up to two dogs in a room. Pet fees and refundable deposits may be required. Contact the individual hotel regarding their pet policy.
- La Quinta Inns & Suites – 12% off the best available rate for Service Members and Veterans. Up to two domestic pets in a room. Each property makes its own pet policy and a fee or deposit may be required.
- Motel 6 – 10% discount for active duty and retired Service Members and up to 2 pets in each room are free.
- Red Roof Inn – 15% off rooms for PCS’ing Service Members, 10% off rooms for active duty, Veterans and family members. Pets stay free at Red Roof Inns. Up to one 80lb domestic pet can stay in your room at no cost.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch – 15% off regular prices all year for active duty Service Members and their family. Disabled Service Members are eligible for special pricing. This family and pet-friendly ranch is located in Red Feather Lakes, Colorado
- Barry Veterinary Hospital – 10% off services for pets of active duty Service Members, veteran and retirees in Miramar Beach, Florida. They offer an additional 20% off services on Veterans Day.
- Cats Exclusively Veterinary Hospital – 10% off all feline services for active duty and retired Service Members, including reservists. Military ID is required.
- Centreville Veterinary Hospital – 10% off doctor visits and prescriptions for pets of active duty Service Members. Their four affiliate hospitals in Wilmington, Delaware also offer the discount.
- First Coast First No More Homeless Pets – 5% off veterinary care at two Jacksonville, Florida locations for active duty Service Members, Veterans and retirees.
- Primary Care Animal Hospital – 10% off veterinary care for active duty and Veterans at the clinic in Grande, California. The discount may be combined with other promotions.
Don’t forget, many small pet supply and pet services companies don’t advertise military discounts. However, they are happy to offer one if you ask.
>> Never miss a military discount! Sign up to receive the MyMilitaryBenefits discount newsletter and start saving today!
- Where To Find Service Dogs For Veterans
- New Law Would Require VA to Provide Service Dogs to Veterans with PTSD
- Dog & Pet Military Discounts and Services
- PCS: Moving the Family Pet