Military Discounts for Dogs, Cats and Other Pets
Military Discounts for Dogs, Cats, and Other Pets: Insurance, Travel, Food, and Supplies
If you think a house is not a home without a pet to love, these military discounts are for you. Whether you have birds, cats, dogs, fish, horses, pocket friends, or reptiles, there are military discounts you can use to show your pet some love. We have military discounts on pet food and supplies, pet insurance, boarding, travel, veterinary care, and for those deploying.
- Pet Food and Supplies
- Pet Insurance
- Travel and Airlines
- Hotels and Lodging
- Veterinary care
- For Those Deploying
- Bay State Pet and Garden Supply – 5% off in-store purchases on food, treats, and supplies for birds, cats, dogs, fish, horses, pocket pets, and reptiles. The store is located in Taunton, Massachusetts.
- Bully Sticks Direct – Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your Name, Rank, and Branch of Service and we’ll quickly reply with a personalized discount code. Their discount is 15% off.
- Campfire Treats – At Campfire Treats you can find natural dog treats. They offer a 15% off military discount for members of the military and veterans. You must send in an email and the discount can’t be combined with other offers. It can’t be used with subscribe and save.
- Dover Saddlery – 10% off online and in-store orders for horse-loving active duty Service Members, Veterans and their family members. For in-store orders, simply show your military id when checking out. For online orders, enter your branch of service and ID number into the comment section before you finish checking out.
- Hale Pet Doors – 10% off online orders for pet doors perfectly sized for dogs and cats. The doors are made in the USA and have a 5-year warranty. Use code MIL10HALE when checking out.
- Pet Pros – 5% discount off every in-store item. This large Pacific Northwest chain has supplies for cats, dogs, birds, horses, fish, and pocket pets. Just show your military id card when checking out. (Do not appear to have a current military discount)
- PetSmart – 10% at the Grooming Salon on Tuesdays.
- Plush Paws Seat Covers – 15% off online orders for all seat covers, door cover protectors, and cargo liners. The discount also applies to their canine health products. Click on the Military Discount link on the website for your discount code. (They do not appear to have a current military discount).
- Blue Barn Ranch – 5 to 10% off boarding for cats, dogs, horses, pocket pets, and reptiles in Yucca Valley, California. Blue Barn Ranch also hosts Equus Medendi, horse assisted psychotherapy program available free to Service Members and their families.
- Canyon Pet Lodge – 15% off boarding, Camp Bark daycare, grooming and transportation for cats and dogs in Puyallup, Washington.
- Fayetteville Pet Resort – 10% off boarding and daycare for cats and dogs. Deployment discounts are available for stays over 14 days in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Five Points Pet Resort – 10% off regular boarding and 20% off extended stays for cats and dogs in Raeford and Vass, North Carolina.
- Pet Palace – 10% off boarding and baths for cats and dogs in Webster, Texas.
- PetsHotel at PetSmart – 10% off overnight stays with complimentary meals for cats and dogs. Locations are nationwide in select PetSmart stores.
- Stepp Stables – Stepp Stables on Camp Pendleton in California offers military discounts for boarding, lessons, trail rides, and more.
Oftentimes a pet sitter service will offer a military discount. With Rover, pet sitters can choose to offer a military discount. Independent pet sitting companies can offer them too so don’t forget to at least ask.
Does the military provide pet insurance? Can you get pet insurance through TRICARE?
Unfortunately, the answer to both of those questions is no. The military and TRICARE do not offer pet insurance. However, there are a few companies offering a military discount on pet insurance.
- Embrace Pet Insurance – 5% online discount on insurance policies. This military discount on pet insurance is available to those who are actively serving and former military. Proof of military service is required after purchase. The discount is not available in NY or TN.
- Fetch By the Dodo Pet Insurance – 10% discount to veterans and active duty military every month for the life of the policy.
- Geico Pet Insurance – 15% off premiums for cat and dog health insurance online.
- Met Life Pet Insurance – at this pet insurance company, you can get a 5% off military discount on cat and dog insurance plans. The discount isn’t valid in TN and NY.
- USAA Pet Insurance – 25% off pet insurance premiums for cats and dogs for USAA members through USAA’s affiliate pet insurance provider.
- Alaska Airlines – $150 flat rate (plus tax) per pet to ship active duty Service Members’ pets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. The pets must be in good health and a health certificate may be required. Brachycephalic or “short-nosed” animals cannot be shipped.
- American Airlines – 50% off domestic pet shipping for active duty Service Members. Military ID must be presented at time of drop off
- Happy Tails Travel – variable online discounts on pet shipping rates for air and ground services for active duty Service Members, spouses and Veterans.
- Pet Air Carrier – At Pet Air Carrier, a company that offers safe pet shipping around the globe, you can find a military discount. For military families on orders, they offer a $125 discount for the first pet and $25 discount for each additional pet. If you already have a lot of the paperwork done, they will offer you a $150 discount, $50 per additional pet. They offer up to $125 off international pet shipping rates for military members traveling internationally. Pet Air Carrier also offers a discount on customs clearance and forwarding to military members returning to the US.
- Pet Smart’s PetsHotel – Pet Smart gives a 10% off military discount on an overnight stay at their PetsHotel. During their stay, your pet will receive 24/7 care and access to an on-call vet, safety-certified hotel hosts, complimentary meals, and full-service amenities.
- SPCA International’s Operation Military Pets – Operation Military Pets provides financial assistance for pet relocation costs. All branches of the military can qualify for the grants, in the US or anywhere else in the world.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts – Service Members and Veterans pay at or below government per diem rates at properties in North America. Up to two domestic dogs in a room, each 80lbs or less, are allowed. Other pets require prior approval and depend on individual property policies.
- Choice Hotels – 15% off advance bookings for military Service Members and Veterans. Pet policies vary by property but can include up to two dogs in a room. Pet fees and refundable deposits may be required. Contact the individual hotel regarding their pet policy.
- La Quinta Inns & Suites – 12% off the best available rate for Service Members and Veterans. Up to two domestic pets in a room. Each property makes its own pet policy and a fee or deposit may be required.
- Motel 6 – 10% discount for active duty and retired Service Members and up to 2 pets in each room are free.
- Red Roof Inn – 15% off rooms for PCS’ing Service Members, 10% off rooms for active duty, Veterans and family members. Pets stay free at Red Roof Inns. Up to one 80lb domestic pet can stay in your room at no cost.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch – 15% off regular prices all year for active duty Service Members and their family. Disabled Service Members are eligible for special pricing. This family and pet-friendly ranch is located in Red Feather Lakes, Colorado.
If a service member has a family, they don’t have to worry too much about what will happen to their dog when they have to be away from home. However, for single-service members, or those in other situations, they might need to find a good place for their pet to go while they are deployed overseas. Luckily these organizations can help:
Dogs on Deployment is a non-profit that finds volunteers to board pets while their owners are deployed or away on other service-related commitments.
Their mission is to give military members peace of mind when they have to be away from their pets.
In addition, they:
- Advocate for military pet owner rights on military installations
- Provide educational resources for military members about responsible pet ownership
- Grant financial assistance to military members for help with their pet’s care during emergencies
- Promote healthy pet lifestyles, including spaying and neutering, insurance options, and vaccinations
- Connect with community organizations to ensure Dogs on Deployment resources are available to military families
This is an all-volunteer military and veteran support organization that assists active duty, wounded warriors, veterans, and their companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs.
Their Pet Foster Home Program assists by offering deploying members of the military with foster homes for their pets and offers a Military Pet Assistance (MPA) fund for assisting “homeless veterans” with veterinary care and temporary boarding costs.
PACT, People + Animals = Companions Together, helps hospital patients and military personnel by placing their pets into temporary foster homes. Since their first placements in 2012, they have facilitated the placement of over 1,000 companion pets nationwide.
- Barry Veterinary Hospital – 10% off services for pets of active duty Service Members, veteran and retirees in Miramar Beach, Florida. They offer an additional 20% off services on Veterans Day.
- Cats Exclusively Veterinary Hospital – 10% off all feline services for active duty and retired Service Members, including reservists. Military ID is required.
- Centreville Veterinary Hospital – 10% off doctor visits and prescriptions for pets of active duty Service Members. Their four affiliate hospitals in Wilmington, Delaware also offer the discount.
- First Coast First No More Homeless Pets – 5% off veterinary care at two Jacksonville, Florida locations for active duty Service Members, Veterans and retirees.
- Primary Care Animal Hospital – 10% off veterinary care for active duty and Veterans at the clinic in Grande, California. The discount may be combined with other promotions.
Other Military Discounts for Dog Owners
Dog Parks – Dog parks that charge a fee might also offer a military discount. Make sure to check their website before you go.
There are a few other ways that you can save money when you have a pet. You can check out the veterinarian’s office on your local installation. Many offer most of the services you might need, however they are not available everywhere. Pet insurance can cut down on your vet bills, and having a pet budget can keep you on track when it comes to other expenses.
Don’t forget that many small pet supply and pet services companies don’t advertise military discounts. However, they are happy to offer one if you ask.
>> Never miss a military discount! Sign up to receive the MyMilitaryBenefits discount newsletter and start saving today!
- Where to Find Service Dogs for Veterans
- New Law Would Require VA to Provide Service Dogs to Veterans with PTSD
- PCS: Moving the Family Pet
- K9 Veterans Day: Military Working Dog History
- Airmen & Guardians Receive PCS Pet Transportation Assistance