Disneyland Military Discount 2019
With a huge 2019 ahead for Disneyland, you’ll want to brush up on the Disneyland military discount.
With the new Star Wars land, called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge slated to open Summer 2019, there’s reason to be excited about visiting Disneyland this year. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening this Summer and will be huge.
RELATED: Skip to see latest on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland
What is the Disneyland Military Discount?
At Disneyland you can buy a 3-day Park Hopper ticket or a 4-day one. You can visit both Disneyland and California Adventure in the same day. If you would like you can also go back and forth between each of the parks a few times. The prices are $178 for the 3-day pass and $198 for the 4-day pass.
- 3-Day Pass – $178
- 4-Day Pass – $198
What is the Regular Cost? How Much Am I Saving?
The regular priced 3-day Park Hopper pass is about $355.00 and the 4-day is $380.00. That’s a savings of $177 and $182 on the 3-day and 4-day Hoppers, respectively. That’s a savings of approximately 50% on both passes!
- 3 Day Hopper Pass
- Regular Price – $355
- Military Discount- $178
- 4 Day Hopper Pass
- Regular Price – $380
- Military Discount- $198
When Can I Use the Disneyland Military Discount?
You can purchase the tickets from now until December 18, 2019.
You may use the tickets from January 1st – April 13th and then April 23rd – December 21st, 2019.
Please note the passes are not available for use for 10 days in April. This is different than Disney World. So make sure not to plan your trip during those dates.
Who Can Buy the Discount Tickets?
You are eligible if you are one of the following:
- Active US Military
- Retired US Military
- National Guard
- US Coast Guard
- Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service
- Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Spouses of military service members can also buy tickets by presenting a valid military ID. The spouse can not get these tickets if the service member has already bought them.
The limit is 6 Disney Military Promotional Tickets per spouse or service member. The service member or spouse must use one of those 6 tickets.
Can I Buy the Discount Tickets For Friends and Extended Family?
Yes, the Disneyland military discount tickets can be purchased for friends and extended family. However, the service member or spouse must be there with them, at least on the day they are activated.
Where Can I Buy the Disneyland Military Discount Tickets?
You can wait and buy them at the ticket counter at Disneyland. The Fastpass system works differently at Disneyland and you don’t pick them in advance like other parks.
The service member or spouse will need to activate them at the Disneyland theme park ticket windows.
Please note that each of the tickets must also be used by the same person on any and all days the tickets are valid.
What About the Disney Photo Pass Collection at the Disneyland Resort?
The Disney PhotoPass Collection product can only be purchased between now and December 21st, 2019.
They can be purchased at the Main Street Photo Supply Co. at Disneyland Park or the Kingswell Camera Shop at Disneyland California Adventure. No more than two products per eligible service member or spouse.
This PhotoPass will allow you to capture photos in the park that are taken either on the rides or by cast members. They are throughout the parks and once they take your photo they can add it to your PhotoPass account. You will also receive a voucher for a Dining Print Package, and will receive a Disneyland Resort Gallery disc, featuring 350 high-resolution professional photos from around the Disneyland Resort.
Whether you are going to Disney World or Disneyland, make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the tickets. You can also visit the Disney World and Disneyland official sites for information.
Latest on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland
Galaxy’s Edge will be opening this year at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. At Disneyland it will open May 31st, 2019. Between May 31st and June 23rd, you will need to have reservations to visit that part of the park.
Everyone is very excited about this new Star Wars Land, here are a few things to know about Disney’s newest land:
- Galaxy’s Edge takes place on a planet called, Batuu, which is a remote outpost planet on the edge of the galaxy’s Outer Rim Territories. Batuu is not in any of the movies that are already out, and everything that happens there will be canon.
- Batuu has spires, which are huge chunks of petrified rock that were once giant trees. They are also cracked and broken. One of the spires is blacker than the rest and that is where the name, Black Spire Outpost came from. Black Spire Outpost is the village in Galaxy’s Edge that you will be able to experience when you go to the park. This Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space.
- Much of what you see in Black Spire Outpost was inspired from Europe and Africa.
- Star Tours the ride will stay and will not be relocated to Galaxy’s Edge. Star Tours opened at Disneyland in 1987.
- There will be nine places to buy Galaxy’s Edge merchandise. No regular Disney or even general Star Wars merchandise will be available in that part of the park.
- Savi’s Workshop is where you will be able to build your own lightsaber. You can choose between four disciplines; Power and Justice, Power and Control, Elemental and Nature, and Protection and Defense.
- You will also be able to build your own droid. You will be able to do so at a place called Droid Depot and run by a character named, Mubo. You can build your own or buy pre-made droids.
- There will be 5 main food stands in Galaxy’s Edge, and guests will be able to taste Star Wars for the first time. The planets will inspire a lot of the food and they will have “blue milk” as well as “green milk.’ These drinks will be a plant-based dairy creation like a smoothie with berry and melon flavors.
- There will be a cantina called, Oga’s Cantina which will serve snacks, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic drinks.
- You will be able to use the Play Disney Parks app to enhance your experience. There will be jobs, which are games that will ask you to complete different tasks around the parks. There is also going to be a main game that will always be running.
- Galaxy’s Edge will be almost identical at both parks. The entrances will be different, but everything else is virtually the same.
- As time goes on, they will be adding new characters, and stories to Galaxy’s Edge.
- There will also be teasers of upcoming films in the land.
As you can see, there is so much to be excited about. Have fun planning your upcoming trip and make sure to check out the amazing military discount you can get at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
For more on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, go here.