Disney World Military Discount 2019
With a huge 2019 ahead for Walt Disney World, you’ll want to brush up on the Disney World military discount.
With new attractions featuring the Incredibles, Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy on tap to open in the Florida theme park, there’s reason to be excited about visiting Disney World this year.
The new Star Wars land, called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is slated to open in Fall 2019. Also opening will be Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy and a new Lion King celebration.
RELATED: Skip to the latest on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
If you are looking for a fun, family trip to take, plan to go Disney. Going to Walt Disney World makes for a magical, family vacation that is fun for all ages. And the best part? They offer an amazing military discount!
Walt Disney World Military Discount
At Disney World, you can choose between a 4-day or 5-day Park Hopper ticket. This means you can come and go through any of the four theme parks:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Magic Kingdom Park
If you do want to add the water parks, you can do so with the Park Hopper Plus option for an additional $50 plus tax.
Walt Disney World Military Discount Prices
- Park Hopper Option
- 4-day Pass is $241 plus tax
- 5-day Pass is $257 plus tax
- Park Hopper Plus
- 4-day Pass is $291 plus tax
- 5-day Pass is $307 plus tax
The Park Hopper Plus option includes:
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course
- Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
How Much Am I Saving?
For comparison, here are the regular prices.
The average for a 4-day, Park Hopper Option pass is around $477 plus tax. A 5-day would be around $495 plus tax.
The cost for a 4-day Park Hopper Plus ticket would be around $502 plus tax, and a 5-day would be around $520 plus tax.
As you can see, Disney is giving military families a great discount.
Hopper Option Pricing
- 4-Day Hopper Option
- Regular Price – $477 plus tax
- Military Discount – $241 plus tax
- 5-Day Hopper Option
- Regular Price – $495 plus tax
- Military Discount – $257 plus tax
Hopper Plus Pricing
- 4-Day Hopper Plus
- Regular Price – $502 plus tax
- Military Discount – $291 plus tax
- 5-Day Hopper Plus
- Regular Price – $520 plus tax
- Military Discount – $307 plus tax
When Can I Use the Discount?
You can purchase the 4-day passes through December 16th, 2019 and the 5-day passes through December 15th, 2019. You will need to plan to use them between now and December 19th, 2019.
Who Can Buy the Disney World Military Discount Tickets?
You are eligible if you are one of the following:
- Active US Military
- Retired US Military
- National Guard
- US Coast Guard
- Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service
- Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Spouses of military service members can also buy tickets by presenting a valid military ID. The spouse can not get these tickets if the service member has already bought them.
The limit is 6 Disney Military Promotional Tickets per spouse or service member. The service member or spouse must use one of those 6 tickets.
Can I Buy Passes for Friends and Extended Family?
Yes, the Disney World military discount tickets can be purchased for friends and extended family. However, the service member or spouse must be there with them, at least on the day they are activated.
Where Do I Buy Disney World Tickets?
The service member or the spouse can buy the tickets at their local MWR/ITT Travel Office. You can also buy them at Shades of Green, the military owned and operated resort at Disney World, at the Orlando ITT, and by phone/email through Shades of Green, the Patrick AFB ITT, or Camp Pendleton ITT.
Pro Tip: For Walt Disney World you should purchase the tickets before you get there as you will want to pick your Fastpass picks ahead of time.
The service member or spouse will need to activate them at the Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows. Please note that each of the tickets must also be used by the same person on any and all days the tickets are valid.
What About Memory Maker?
Disney is offering a specially priced Memory Maker. The Memory Maker is the Disney PhotoPass product at Walt Disney World.
The can service member or spouse may purchase at the Walt Disney World theme park ticket window. The limit is 2 Memory Maker product purchases at special price.
Memory Maker includes photos that are taken during the Memory Maker Window. This is generally within 30 days after the first activation and linked to the guest’s Disney PhotoPass account. A MagicBand will be required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content.
Whether you are going to Disney World or Disneyland, make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the tickets. You can also visit the Disney World and Disneyland official sites for information.
Latest on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World
Galaxy’s Edge will be opening this year at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. At Walt Disney World, it will open on August 29, 2019.
Everyone is very excited about this new Star Wars Land, here are a few things to know about Disney’s newest land:
- Galaxy’s Edge takes place on a planet called, Batuu, which is a remote outpost planet on the edge of the galaxy’s Outer Rim Territories. Batuu is not in any of the movies that are already out, and everything that happens there will be canon.
- Batuu has spires, which are huge chunks of petrified rock that were once giant trees. They are also cracked and broken. One of the spires is blacker than the rest and that is where the name, Black Spire Outpost came from. Black Spire Outpost is the village in Galaxy’s Edge that you will be able to experience when you go to the park. This Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space.
- Much of what you see in Black Spire Outpost was inspired from Europe and Africa.
- Star Tours the ride will stay and will not be relocated to Galaxy’s Edge. Star Tours opened at Walt Disney World in 1989.
- There will be nine places to buy Galaxy’s Edge merchandise. No regular Disney or even general Star Wars merchandise will be available in that part of the park.
- Savi’s Workshop is where you will be able to build your own lightsaber. You can choose between four disciplines; Power and Justice, Power and Control, Elemental and Nature, and Protection and Defense.
- You will also be able to build your own droid. You will be able to do so at a place called Droid Depot and run by a character named, Mubo. You can build your own or buy pre-made droids.
- There will be 5 main food stands in Galaxy’s Edge, and guests will be able to taste Star Wars for the first time. The planets will inspire a lot of the food and they will have “blue milk” as well as “green milk.” These drinks will be a plant-based dairy creation like a smoothie with berry and melon flavors.
- There will be a cantina called, Oga’s Cantina which will serve snacks, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic drinks.
- You will be able to use the Play Disney Parks app to enhance your experience. There will be jobs, which are games that will ask you to complete different tasks around the parks. There is also going to be a main game that will always be running.
- Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World is going to be almost identical to the one at Disneyland. The entrances will be different, but everything else is pretty much going to be the same.
- Whether you go to Walt Disney World, or Disneyland, Galaxy’s Edge is going to be pretty busy for a very long time.
- As time goes on, they will be adding new characters, and stories to Galaxy’s Edge.
- There will also be teasers of upcoming films in the land.
As you can see, there is so much to be excited about. Have fun planning your upcoming trip and make sure to check out the amazing military discount you can get at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
For more on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, go here.